Looking for an afternoon snack to pick you up out of that midday slump? How about one that packs a hearty dose of complex carbs, healthy fats and protein but doesn’t skimp on flavor? Well, look no further, my friend.
These no-bake Protein Energy Bites guys are not only delicious and nutritious, but they’re also super easy to whip up. They’re gluten-free, dairy-free and absolutely taste like a chocolate-peanut butter dream.
Every time I make these for gym events, get-togethers with friends or family, or even just for my husband and myself to enjoy at home, they are gone in no time.
Peanut Buttercup Protein Bites
- 7 Medjool dates
- 1 Scoop Bowmar Nutrition How Chocolate protein powder
- 2 Tablespoons organic peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon Agave Syrup
- ¾ Cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ cup Sprouts organic, unsweetened coconut flakes
Remove pits and allow the dates to soak in warm water for 10 minutes. Pour coconut into a food processor and blend until finely shredded then set aside in a small bowl. Combine dates, peanut butter, honey, oats and cacao powder in a food processor and blend until a smooth paste forms. Form the paste into inch round balls, then roll each ball in the coconut flakes until fully coated. Store in the refrigerator inside an air-tight container and enjoy! This recipe makes about 12 servings.
If you want to add even more protein per serving, double the protein power from one scoop to two scoops in this recipe.
- If you don’t have Agave Syrup (or aren’t a fan of it), honey or maple syrup are both acceptable substitutes.
- If you or someone in your household has a peanut allergy, other types of nut butter (like almond or cashew butter) will work just fine.
- You can also swap in a vegan protein powder in place of a whey protein powder.
- When making substitutions, just keep in mind that your macro count may slightly vary from this specific recipe. If you’re counting macros, just make sure to adjust the recipe macros in a macro calculator based on the ingredients you use.
MACROS PER BITE (with 1 scoop of protein):
- Calories: 106
- Carbs: 16g
- Fat: 3g
- Protein: 4g
MACROS PER BITE (with 2 scoops of protein):
- Calories: 115
- Carbs: 17g
- Fat: 3g
- Protein: 6g
All writing and recipe images copyright © 2018 Rachel Elise Weems Woods. Pro7ein Synthesis photo shared with permission by Nutrishop Columbia SC.
Originally published 8-19-15. Updated 12-1-18